If you are covered by your employer’s group policy from The Hartford and you need pre-trip information, emergency medical assistance or personal assistance services while traveling, contact Generali Global Assistance, Inc.
Have a serious medical emergency? Please obtain emergency medical services first (contact the local “911”), and then contact Generali Global Assistance, Inc. to alert them of your situation.
|Collect from other locations||202-828-5885|
What to have ready:
- Your employer’s name
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Nature of the problem
- Travel Assistance Identification Number: GLD-09012
- Your Policy No. #_____________________________
(Policy Number can be obtained through your Human Resources department.)
Even the best planned trips can be full of surprises
The best laid travel plans can go awry, leaving you vulnerable and possibly, unable to communicate your needs. When the unexpected happens far from home, it’s important to know whom to call for assistance.
If you are covered under an Atlanta Life Group Policy, you and your family have access to Travel Assistance Services provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc.1
With a local presence in 200 countries and territories around the world, and numerous 24/7 assistance centers, they are available to help you anytime, anywhere.
Good to go: multilingual assistance 24/7
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Travel Assistance services are available when you’re more than 100 miles from home for 90 days or less.2,3 As long as you contact Generali Global Assistance, Inc. at the time of need, you could be approved for up to $1 million in covered services.4
Services from here to there
Travel Assistance begins even before you embark, with pre-trip information, and continues throughout your trip. See the list of services in the chart on the back of this page.
Case illustration: help a world away9
As a Human Resource Professional, Tammy had always been on the coordinating end of travel services helping her company’s employees; but when her daughter was hurt while traveling with her school group in Italy, she suddenly found herself in a different position.
Using the travel assistance medical referral, medical monitoring, and repatriation services from Generali Global Assistance, Inc., Tammy’s daughter was able to receive immediate medical treatment and was evacuated within 48 hours. The Generali Global Assistance, Inc. Case Manager helped Tammy through some of the most stressful days she’s experienced as a mother and provided care for her daughter when she couldn’t.
Identity theft assistance
The 2017 Identity Fraud Study, released by Javelin Strategy & Research, found that $16 billion was stolen from 15.4 million U.S. consumers in 2016, compared with $15.3 billion and 13.1 million victims a year earlier. In the past six years identity thieves have stolen over $107 billion5. Generali Global Assistance, Inc. helps protect you and your family from its consequences 24/72 at home and when you travel. In addition to prevention education, this service provides advice and help with administrative tasks resulting from identity theft.
Emergency medical assistance6
- Medical referrals
- Medical monitoring
- Medical evacuation
- Traveling companion assistance
- Dependent children assistance
- Visit by a family member or friend
- Emergency medical payments
- Return of mortal remains
- Visa and passport requirements
- Inoculation and immunization requirements
- Foreign exchange rates
- Embassy and consular referral
- Medication and eyeglass prescription assistance
- Emergency travel arrangements8
- Emergency cash8
- Locating lost items
- Bail advancement
Identity theft assistance
- Prevention Services – Education – Identity Theft Resolution Kit
- Detection Services – Fraud alert to three credit bureaus
- Resolution Guidance and Assistance – Credit information review – ID Theft Affidavit Assistance
- – Card replacement
- Personal Services – Translation – Emergency cash advance*
* Cash advance available when theft occurs 100 miles or more from your primary residence.
Must be secured by a valid credit card.
Atlanta Life’s partner The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries including issuing companies Hartford Life Insurance Company and Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home office is Hartford, CT.
* 1 Travel Assistance and Identity Theft services are provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc. Generali Global Assistance, Inc. is not affiliated with Atlanta Life or The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. None of the benefits provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc. as a part of the Travel Assistance and Identity Theft service are insurance. Services may not be available in all states.
* 2 Coverage includes spouse (or domestic partner) and dependent children under age 26.
* 3 Services are available in every country of the world. Depending on the current political situation in the country to which you are traveling, GGA may experience difficulties providing assistance, which may result in delays or even the inability to render certain services. It is your responsibility to inquire, prior to departure, whether assistance service is available in the countries where you are traveling.
* 4 The Combined Single Limit (CSL), or amount of money available to the insured under a Hartford Group policy the Travel Assistance Program, is $1 million. One service or a combination of the services may exceed the CSL. The insured is responsible for payment of any expenses that exceed the CSL. Note: Certain Accidental Death and Dismemberment programs may order different CSLs. Please consult with your Human Resources Manager for more details.
* 5 Insurance Information Institute, www.iii.org/fact-statistic/identity-theft-and-cybercrime, viewed on 5/1/2018.
* 6 Services are available in every country of the world. Depending on the current political situation in the country to which you are traveling, Generali Global Assistance,Inc. may experience difficulties providing assistance, which may result in delays or even the inability to render certain services. It is your responsibility to inquire, prior to departure, whether assistance service is available in the countries where you are traveling.
* 7 Generali Global Assistance, Inc. provides the described personal services to you in an emergency, but you are personally responsible for the cost of airfare not approved as medically necessary by the attending physician; food, hotel and car expenses; and attorney fees. Emergency cash advances and bail advancement require your personal satisfactory guarantee of reimbursement provided through a valid credit card.
* 8 Emergency cash is charged as a cash advance, and emergency airline tickets are charged as a purchase to your credit card account and are all subject to that account’s nance rates.
* 9 This case illustration is fictitious and for illustrative purposes only.
DISCLAIMER: Service Exclusions and Limitations: Generali Global Assistance, Inc. (GGA) services are eligible for payment or reimbursement by GGA only if GGA was contacted at the time of the services and arranged and/or pre- approved the services. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply; for further information refer to the Web site listed or call GGA at the number provided.