Insurance companies choose how they share your nonpublic personal information (NPI). Federal and state law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal and state law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your NPI. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of NPI we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and credit report data
- financial and health information
- claims and payment information
All insurance companies need to share customers’ NPI to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons insurance companies can share their customers’ NPI; the reasons Atlanta Life chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
To limit our sharing
We do not share your information with affiliates or nonaffiliates to market to And we do not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates.
Call 1- 888-407-3209
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
Atlanta Life (Atlanta Life Financial Group, Atlanta Life Insurance Company, Atlanta Life General Agency).
What we do
How does Atlanta Life protect my personal information?
- We work to keep your information correct and safe. We design our business systems to properly gather, store, and process your NPI. We also work to make your NPI safe through the use of technology and business
- We expect our agents and employees to respect your NPI. Atlanta Life’s policies help make sure that our employees and agents protect your NPI. Our employees and agents who break these policies and practices are dealt with appropriately.
How does Atlanta Life collect my personal information?
We collect your NPI in some of the ways listed below:
- information provided by you (including names, addresses, and financial information)
- information about your business with Atlanta Life or our agents (including claims and payment information)
- information from or about your transactions with third parties (including insurance application histories, health history, and salary information)
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal laws give you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your NPI to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See Other Important Information below.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include Atlanta Life General Agency.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Atlanta Life does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Other important information
NOTICE OF INFORMATION PRACTICES
Customer NPI will be collected, used, and stored as required by applicable federal privacy laws. If the Customer’s state laws provide more protection of the Customer’s NPI than federal privacy laws, Atlanta Life will protect the Customer’s NPI as required by such state law.